The last time Hackerfall tried to access this page, it returned a not found error.
A cached version of the page is below, or click here
to continue anyway
Coq 8.6 is out | The Coq Proof Assistant
The final release of Coq 8.6
Coq 8.6 includes:
- A new, faster state-of-the-art universe constraint checker by
- In CoqIDE and other asynchronous interfaces, more fine-grained
asynchronous processing and error reporting by Enrico Tassi, making
Coq capable of recovering from errors and continuing to process the
- Better access to the proof engine features from Ltac: goal management
primitives, range selectors and a typeclasses eauto engine handling
multiple goals and multiple successes, by Cyprien Mangin, Matthieu
Sozeau and Arnaud Spiwack.
- Tactic behavior uniformization and specification, generalization of
intro-patterns by Hugo Herbelin and others.
- A brand new warning system allowing to control warnings, turn them
into errors or ignore them selectively by Maxime Dns, Guillaume
Melquiond, Pierre-Marie Pdrot and others.
- Irrefutable patterns in abstractions, by Daniel de Rauglaudre.
- The ssreflect subterm selection algorithm by Georges Gonthier and
Enrico Tassi, now accessible to tactic writers through the
- LtacProf, a profiler for Ltac by Jason Gross, Paul Steckler, Enrico
Tassi and Tobias Tebbi.
More information can be found in the CHANGES file. Feedback and
bug reports are extremely welcome.
Coq 8.6 initiates a time-based release cycle, with a major version being
released every 10 months. The roadmap is also made public.
To date, Coq 8.6 contains more external contributions than any previous
Coq version. Code reviews were systematically done before integration
of new features, with an important focus given to compatibility and
Continue reading on coq.inria.fr